Euro Cup 2016 Slovakia v England Match Live Score
About UEFA Euro 2016
The 2016 UEFA European Championship, commonly referred to as UEFA Euro 2016 or simply Euro 2016, will be the 15th edition of the UEFA European Championship, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Europe organized by UEFA.
1.England hope to extend their perfect record against Slovakia in Group B
2.The Three Lions won 2-1 home and away in UEFA EURO 2004 qualifying
3.Wayne Rooney scored twice in a 4-0 friendly success at Wembley in 2009
England and Wales go into Monday’s final Euro 2016 Group B games still needing points to guarantee a spot in the knockout stages.
EURO facts – Slovakia
• While Slovakia have never before competed in a UEFA European Championship final tournament as an independent nation, as part of Czechoslovakia they appeared in three four-team finals.
• Czechoslovakia finished third in 1960 and 1980 and lifted the trophy in 1976. Eight of the 11 players who started the final against West Germany – and triumphed on penalties after a 2-2 draw – hailed from Slovakia.
• Slovakia reached the 2016 finals thanks mainly to wins in their first six Group C qualifiers, a run that included a 2-1 home triumph against Spain – the holders’ first qualifying defeat in 36 matches and nine years.
EURO facts – England
• Before matchday one, England had not lost over 90 or 120 minutes in 22 EURO fixtures, going back to a 3-2 defeat by Croatia in 2007 that ended their hopes of reaching UEFA EURO 2008. Since then, their record is W17 D5, although they were beaten on penalties by Italy in the UEFA EURO 2012 quarter-finals.
• Roy Hodgson’s side won all ten of their UEFA EURO 2016 qualifiers – just the sixth team to achieve the feat, after France (1992, 2004), Czech Republic (2000) and Germany and Spain (both 2012).
England’s EURO star: Wayne Rooney
• England failed to qualify for the final tournament in 2008, the only time they have missed out since 1984.
• England were semi-finalists as hosts in 1996, matching their previous best performance from 1968, when they came third.
England and Slovakia have been paired together in qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup along with Scotland, Slovenia, Lithuania and Malta. England begin their campaign in Slovakia on 4 September.
Thursday , 00:30 on June 21 IST
Slovakia v England
UEFA EURO 2016
Slovakia v England
Kick-off time =Friday 17 June 2016
Pitch Humidity = 43%
Wind = Wind: ESE 9km/h
Stade Geoffroy Guichard, Saint-Etienne
EURO 2016 capacity= 41500
Opened =January 1933
Carlos Velasco Carballo (ESP)
Roberto Alonso (ESP)
Juan Yuste (ESP)
Antonio Damato ITA
Additional assistant referees
Jesús Gil Manzano (ESP)
Carlos Del Cerro (ESP
Click Here to Check Live Score