Current Affairs June 26 For Upsc Sbi Bank Po Ssc Railway Exams
1. Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved a $500 million loan to build a bridge across the Ganga in Bihar.
2. India and Switzerland signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish formal cooperation in the fields of skills development and vocational and professional education and training.
3. The People’s Bank of China (PBOC), the country’s central bank, signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with its Russian counterpart. Under the MOU, Russia’s central bank will establish its first overseas representative office in China.
4. Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Tajikistan will get the first set of loans totaling US 509 million from China-sponsored Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank in which India is a founding member.
5. The Rural Development Ministry and ISRO, Department of Space signed a Memorandum of Understanding for geo-tagging the assets created under MGNREGA in each gram panchayat.
6. Neil O’Brien, a pioneer of quizzing in India and leader of the Anglo-Indian community, passed away. He was 82.
7. India signed Memorandum of Obligations (MOO), kick starting the process of its accession to the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), a powerful security grouping increasingly seen as a counterweight to NATO.
8. Major Mobile Handset Manufacturer Nokia has appointed Sanjay Malik as the head of its Indian market.
9. ‘Pistol King’ Jitu Rai defeated three-time Olympic champion Jongoh Jin of Korea to clinch the silver medal at the ISSF Shooting World Cup.
10. Andhra Pradesh became the 13th state to join UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana) scheme.