Current Affairs June 23 For Upsc Scc Bank Railway Exam
1. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) created history by launching 20 satellites, including India’s Cartosat-2 series and those the U.S., Germany, Canada and Indonesia through PSLV C-34. It was lifted off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota.
2. India is the fourth largest recipient of FDI in developing Asia and tenth largest in the World, according to the World Investment Report of United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
3. Visakhapatnam Port has been declared as the second gateway port for Nepal after Kolkata-Haldia.
4. North Korea test fired two powerful new medium-range Musudan midrange ballistic missiles.
5. Softbank President and COO Nikesh Arora has resigned from the company but will stay in advisory role for a year. He will be replaced by Ken Miyauchi.
6. Grand Master Harika Dronavalli won the best women’s player award in the Eurasian Blitz chess tournament in Kazakhstan.
7. Tech Mahindra has acquired a British firm, The BIO Agency (BIO) for 45 million pounds (Rs 4.5 crore). It is a UK-based agency that offers digital services to global clients.
8. Striker Lionel Messi became Argentina’s all-time top goal scorer with 55 goals, surpassing Gabriel Batistuta’s record of 54 goals in 78 games.
9. Country’s largest software services firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has partnered with four colleges to offer courses in Big Data. Big data is a wide form of data that consists of organised and unorganized data.
10. The Finance Ministry said that the subscribers of the Public Provident Fund can prematurely close the deposit scheme after completing five years for reasons such as higher education or expenditure towards medical treatment.