Current Affairs June 21 For Upsc Ssc Bank Po Rilway Eaxm
1. According to the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) “Global Trends” report marking World Refugee Day, a record 65.3 million people were displaced from their homes worldwide last year. It is the first time in the history that the threshold of 60 million has been crossed.
2. Government allowed 100% FDI in scheduled airlines, defence and 74% FDI in Pharma.
3. Virginia Raggi has been elected as Rome’s first female Mayor.
4. Public sector State Bank of India (SBI) has been named in a ‘Hall of Shame’ list of 158 banking and financial institutions globally that have invested billions of dollars in companies making cluster bombs. State Bank of India (SBI) is the only Indian entity on the list, which includes global giants like JP Morgan, Barclays, Bank of America and Credit Suisse.
5. Senior Congress leader from Madhya Pradesh and former state Minister Mohammad Ibrahim Qureshi passed away. He was 68.
6. Mahesh Babu won the Best Actor for Telugu drama “Srimanthudu”, while Nayanthara bagged the Best Actress trophy for her performance in Tamil action-comedy “Naanum Rowdydhaan” for the year 2015 at the 63rd Filmfare Awards southern edition.
7. Mercedes Driver Nico Rosberg won the European Grand Prix. Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel of Germany finished second.
8. Wind Turbine maker Suzlon Group has entered into a pact with CLP India for a 100 mw solar project at Veltoor in Telangana. CLP India acquired 49 percent stake in SE Solar, a special purpose vehicle (SPV) set-up by Suzlon.
9. American golfer Dustin Johnson won the US Open golf tournament title. This is his first major tournament win.
10. Iran signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with America to buy 100 Boeing aircrafts.