Current Affairs 25 june For Upsc Sbi Po Ssc Competitive Exams
1. Delhi is at the 22nd spot in the 25 top cities for women entrepreneurs. It has been stated in the Dell’s 2016 Women Entrepreneur Cities Index (WE Cities) that looks at a city’s ability to attract and foster growth of women-owned firms.
2. BCCI appointed Anil Kumble as the head coach of Indian cricket team for the next one year.
3. British Prime Minister David Cameron announced resignation from his post because of Britain’s vote in favour of ‘brexit’.
4. Rana Daggubati, Puneeth Rajkumar and Diljit Dosanjh have been appointed as the Brand Ambassadors of the Star Sports Pro Kabaddi Season 4, starting from June 25 in Mumbai.
5. India has slipped one place to 12th spot in terms of millionaire population. However, numbers of these millionaire have grown marginally to 2 lakh. Last year, India was ranked 11th with 1.98 lakh such high net worth individuals (HNWIs), according to a report by Cap Gemini.
6. Zeng Qingcun, a Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) member won the International Meteorological Organisation Prize, the world’s top prize for meteorological work bestowed by the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO). Qingcun has won the award for contributions to satellite meteorological remote-sensing theory, numerical weather prediction theory, meteorological disaster prevention, as well as the earth system model.
7. Well Known US Singer Ralph Stanley, Grammy Award winner who played important role in popularizing Appalachian music died. He was 89.
8. American actor and filmmaker Tom Hanks will be feted with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Rome Film Festival.
9. Zubaida Bai, the founder of ‘ayzh’, a for-profit social venture providing health and livelihood solutions to impoverished women worldwide, was named among the 10 ‘2016 Global Compact SDG Pioneers’, an initiative launched by UN to search for “entrepreneurs” who can play a pivotal role.
10. Microsoft Accelerator and Tata Consultancy Service’s Co-Innovation Network (COIN) will create an open innovation framework to mentor Indian startups and bring their products to the market.