Current Affairs 17 june For Upsc Ssc Bank Po Railway Exam
1. India and the UK clinched two new key agreements on solar energy and nano technology as part of their wider science and technology cooperation.
2. The UN agency promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women has appointed Academy Award-winning actress Anne Hathaway as a global goodwill ambassador.
3. Canadian poet, novelist and environmental activist Margaret Atwood will be awarded the 2016 PEN Pinter Prize. Atwood will receive her award at a public event at the British Library on 13 October 2016.
4. Supriya Sahu has been appointed the director general of Doordarshan.
5. According to the CBRE Research’s ‘Global Prime Office Occupancy Costs bi-annual survey’, Delhi’s Connaught Place ranks as the seventh most expensive prime office market in the world. Mumbai’s Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) is at 19th position while Nariman Point is at 34th position in this list. Hong Kong (Central) ranked first at $290 per sq ft per annum.
6. Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first Indian wicket keeper and fourth in the world to complete 350 dismissals in One-Day International (ODI) cricket. Sri Lankan Kumar Sangakkara leads the list with 482 dismissals followed by Australian Adam Gilchrist (472) and South African Mark Boucher (424).
7. “The Nanny” star Ann Morgan Guilbert died. She was 87.
8. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Bharti Enterprises’ founder and chairman, has been elected Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) which is situated in Paris, France.
9. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched a series of initiative, including flagging-off of first time-tabled container train service named Cargo Express from Domestic Container Terminal, Okhla (Delhi) to Whitefield (Bengaluru).
10. Embedded with 24-carat gold and specially selected diamonds, a set of four Tyres made by Dubai- based firm Z Tyres was recently sold over approx. Rs 4 crore, setting a Guinness world record for the most expensive set of car Tyres.