70th Independence Day 2016 for 12 Inspiring Patriotic Quotes of Freedom Fighters & Leaders in India
15 August over a billion Indians will remember and pay tribute to brave martyrs who dedicated their lives for the welfare of the country. The 70th Independence Day will be observed by unfurling the tricolour national flag, conducting parades and patriotic events. A parade and flag hoisting ceremony will also be held at the Red Fort in New Delhi that will be attended by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
70th Independence Day 2016 Indian Leaders 12 Famous Quotes
1. Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act which deprived a whole nation of arms as the blackest. — Mahatma Gandhi, Father of the Nation.
2. A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. — Mahatma Gandhi
3. Long years ago, we made a tryst with destiny and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. — Jawaharlal Nehru, Firist & former Indian Prime Minister
4. Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood will contribute to the growth of this nation and to make it strong and dynamic. — Indira Gandhi, former Indian Prime Minister.
5. For some days, people thought that India was shaking. But there are always tremors when a great tree falls. — Rajiv Gandhi, Young Prime Minister of india
6. Revolution is an inalienable right of mankind. Freedom is an imperishable birth right of all. Labor is the real sustainer of society, the sovereignty of the ultimate destiny of the workers.— Bhagat Singh
7. You give me your blood and I will give you Independence. — Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
8. So long as you do not achieve social liberty, whatever freedom is provided by the law is of no avail to you. — BR Ambedkar
9. Due to its rich culture and tradition we admire India as a teacher and we are its follower. — Dalai Lama
10. India has two million gods, and worships them all. In religion all other countries are paupers India is the only millionaire. — Mark Twain American writer.
11. India is not, as people keep calling it, an underdeveloped country, but rather, in the context of its history and cultural heritage, a highly developed one in an advanced state of decay. — Shashi Tharoor
12. I do not want India to be an economic superpower. I want India to be a happy country. — JRD Tata
Independence Day in Indian
Jai Hind — Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
– Vande Mataram — Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
– Satyameva Jayathe — from Indian scripture Mundaka Upanishada
– Inquilab Zindabad — Muslim Leader Hasrat Mohani
– Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan — Lal Bahadur Shastri
– Swaraj Mera Janamsiddha adhikar hai, aur main ise laker rahoonga — Bal Gangadhar Tilak
– Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna, Ab hamare dil mein hai — A patriotic poem by Bismil Azimabadi